Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tomorrow!



I’m nervous.

It’s 14 miles tomorrow.

A milestone.

Farther than I’ve ever run.

I don’t know what it’s going to be like.

I’ve been eating well, and sleeping well, and staying hydrated.

And I’ve been doing my shorter runs during the week.

Last Saturday, I ran 12 and felt fine.

I have a mantra that I say over and over to myself as I run. “Healthy. Healthy. Healthy. Healthy.” That’s my big goal. I want to finish each training run healthy. I want to get to the starting line of the marathon healthy. And I want to finish the marathon healthy.

Healthy.

Healthy.

Healthy.



Friday, February 26, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Weight Loss Consultant

My photo
Lincoln, NE
Kristin Heslop, DMA, has gained and lost over a thousand pounds throughout her life. A musician by trade and training, Dr. Heslop attended Union College in Lincoln, Nebraska. She holds a Master of Music degree from Wichita State University, and a doctorate from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Dr. Heslop has taught at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Concordia University, Union College, Wichita State University, and Enterprise Academy. She has performed on the flute, piano, harpsichord, and organ throughout the Midwest. In addition to music she derives great pleasure from political and environmental activism, creating visual art, and hearing her cat Lukas purr.