Friday, May 29, 2009

Madonna Sweats

I admit it. My tastes run more in the realm of Mozart than Madonna. And I’ll be the first to admit that I’m no pop culture expert.

However, I found myself with some time on my hands a few nights ago, and I stumbled upon Madonna’s 2005 documentary, “I’m Going to Tell You A Secret,” on YouTube. And I watched a good deal of it. And made a profound discovery.

Madonna sweats.

Included in this documentary is a scene where she complains to one of her assistants about her stinky costume.

And this got me to thinking.

Now, normally, I don’t give a lot of thought to celebrities and the hygienic state of their costumes. But I was thinking that it was cool that Madonna sweats. Sweating is good. Sweating means that you’re working. Hard.

Sometimes we think that life should be “easy,” and if we are considering releasing weight through pleasure, we want that to be “easy,” as well. Sometimes we resist working. Sometimes we resist putting out the effort and energy to get the results we want. Sometimes we think that those results should just happen magically, effortlessly, and “easily.”

In creating show after show after show on her tour, Madonna exerted so much physical energy that she stunk up one of her costumes. However, the joy and satisfaction that she derives from her work I’m sure makes the exhaustion and sweat worth it. Likewise, the creation of what we want in our lives requires exertion, effort, and commitment. However, the joy and satisfaction that we derive from loving our bodies definitely makes the physical exhaustion and sweat worth it, too.

If Madonna can sweat and produce amazing results, so can you!



Up Next: The Key to Weight Maintenance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Weight Loss Consultant

My photo
Lincoln, NE
Kristin Heslop, DMA, has gained and lost over a thousand pounds throughout her life. A musician by trade and training, Dr. Heslop attended Union College in Lincoln, Nebraska. She holds a Master of Music degree from Wichita State University, and a doctorate from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Dr. Heslop has taught at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Concordia University, Union College, Wichita State University, and Enterprise Academy. She has performed on the flute, piano, harpsichord, and organ throughout the Midwest. In addition to music she derives great pleasure from political and environmental activism, creating visual art, and hearing her cat Lukas purr.